Since 2007, the “Aeroclub Pierre-Georges LATECOERE” organization has organised the Latécoère Rally. This event gathers every year around 40 crews in Africa, South America or Madagascar.
With objectives :
- keeping alive the memory of Latecoere Airmail Service and its pilots, our aviation heritage,
- supporting charitable projects based on education or aeronautics,
- supporting the development of French-speaking community.
Concretely, today it represents :
- The world’s longest aerial Rally with flying over more than 10 countries on three continents. (possibility of flying a part or all of it)
- A team of aviation professionals graduated from the French National Civil Aviation School (ENAC) to guide you
- Cultural and charitable projects throughout the line with traveling exhibitions, first flights for children, support to local organizations for youth, etc.
- Review of those 8 years of mobilization and action: more than 20 schools and several local associations supported, more than 200 first flight to underprivileged children, all the length of the Airmail Line traveled every year to relive this epic tale and transmit its values.